As human beings, we all are capable of procrastinating. Some of us turn it into an art form.
Recently, I attended a talk, and the speaker reminded me of a book that I've never read but heard plenty about it. The book is called, "Eat That Frog!: 21 Great Ways to StopProcrastinating and Get More Done in Less Time" by Brian Tracy.
You can watch a quick video summary of it here: Eat That Frog by Brian Tracy.
|Classic Book by Brian Tracy: Eat That Frog: 21 Great Ways to Stop Procrastinating and Get More Done in Less Time|
(a) wait until right before you went to bed at night,
(b) do it sometime in the middle of the day, or
(c) do it FIRST thing in the morning--to get it off your checklist?
We all know that answer that it SHOULD be (c, in case you need help here :).
Of course, we don't have to eat a live frog, but most of us have things to do. Some of these things are fun. Others are okay, neither great nor horrible.
Then we have those things on our "To-Do" list (or maybe not even there) that we really NEED to do, but we put off doing it until...sometimes NEVER. Often, we NEVER get around to doing things that we keep postponing.
Each of us has different "frogs" that we don't really want to do.
Here are some of my frogs:
- making unpleasant phone calls
- making personal phone calls
- writing personal emails
- writing blog posts (sometimes!)
- uploading posts to Hootsuite
- checking out new sites
- making new videos (especially training videos)
- writing up quotes for business
Once I complete them, I don't have to think about them, anymore.
When I put off doing them, they drain my energy...AND my productivity UNTIL I finally do them. I'm more tired...maybe even needed naps (almost always to avoid doing that thing I've been dreading).
Hopefully, since I've put out this list, I will be less likely to put off eating that frog.
What are your frogs? Which ones do you plan to eat first?
Like this post? Other recent posts are
- Twitter Followers - Does Quantity Matter?
- LinkedIn Connections - Is Quantity Important?
- 6 Ways I Could Have Networked Better at My Last Event
- 3 Ways to Become a Better Marketer
- 3 Ways I Would Market My Friend's Book about Parenting
- 3 Tips about Public Speaking for non-Speakers
- 1 Way to Improve Your Online Marketing and Reduce Your Stress